Sunday 11 March 2012

Dressing Like a Lady to Work.

This is totally inspired by my Mentor, who is a very important figure in my life.
Even though I work in an organisation which has a No Dress-code policy in place and I was  used to taking full advantage of that by wearing whatever I like to the office.
The day I popped in to greet my mentor in the office about lunch time since I was around the area. He was shocked to see me dressed like that to the office (I was wearing a long top and footless tights and sandals) this was a Tuesday by the way so there was absolutely no need for Formal wear as far as I was concerned, especially because i am not customer-facing so no one really pays too much attention to your dressing (or so I thought in my head).
He gave me the speech on "Dress how you want to be Addressed" and how your dressing says a lot to the people around you and how they treat you with more respect accordingly. So I made a promise to Always dress properly in an office environment regardless of a dress-code system in place or not and I have to tell you I have felt the difference in  the way people talk to me and add a little bit of respect to me and the constant daily compliments on my dressing i receive and like my toasters have suddenly increased (not that  it was my aim in the 1st place).

So I decided to take a picture everyday at work (Courtesy of my colleague who has a phone camera that works wonders compared to my crappy phone camera & practices his photography skills on me (the Muse))
Feel Free to leave comments if you feel like...this Blog is really for fun....so Enjoy...Life and Times of the Alexandra Barrett....ABA

No comments: